2021 Open Your Heart for the Homeless Gala Updates
Dear Gateway180 Friends & Family,
While we are a conflicted community regarding the pandemic, there is no doubt that family homelessness continues to rise in our community. Now and always, it is critical for families experiencing homelessness to have access to the nurturing shelter and effective rehousing services that Gateway180 provides.
We cannot fulfill our mission of empowering adults and families to become independent and permanently rehoused without the support of our community! We appreciate your support of our 2021 Open Your Heart for the Homeless Gala and will support all efforts to ensure your health and well-being as you join us to support the efforts and celebrate the successes of the many families we have served.
At our Gala Event, we will:
- Follow CDC, St. Louis City, and venue health and safety guidelines.
- Reschedule to a later date if the City implements a “shut down”.
- Incorporate increased space between tables.
- Require masks to be worn when guests are up and away from their table.
- Limit table assignments to groupings in which our guests can indicate and trust their comfort level with one another.
- Take the temperatures of all guests, volunteers, and event staff upon entry to the venue.
In spite of the pandemic and the eviction moratorium, we have had an impactful year, moving 75% of the individuals served from emergency shelter to transitional or permanent housing. We appreciate your understanding that family homelessness does not stop for a pandemic, and for respecting our Gala event safety requirements.
Thank you for all you do to help!